The CapTel 840 Analog Captioned Phone shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large, easy-to-read display. Captions are provided by a free service that connects to the call and displays every word of what your callers say. Calls you make are automatically connected to the Captioning Service to provide captions. The CapTel 840 is an ideal amplified captioned phone solution for people who do not have high speed Internet. Although it does require a standard analog telephone line. Check with your phone service provider to find out if analog is possible for you.
CapTel 840 Analog Captioned Phone features:
- Callers dial the captioning service first, then enter your phone number in order for you to get captions
- If used in 2-line mode (optional), callers can dial your phone number directly.
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
- Adjustable tone and volume control
- Adjustable caption font sizes and colors
- Adjustable caption display screen tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat for mounting the phone on a wall
- 95 name/number phone book to store frequently called numbers
- Built-in answering machine takes voice messages with captions
- Spanish-to-Spanish captioning available, with Spanish language menus
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing
- Caller ID capable
- Works like a standard phone for people who do not need captions
View Harris Communications CapTel 840 Analog Captioned Phone for more information.