Turn your iPad Pro into an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) device that can be controlled completely with your eyes. Using eye-tracking technology, users can interact with their iPad Pro using a variety of different iPad apps, thereby increasing opportunities for access, communication, environmental control, and overall independence. A switch can be plugged directly into the Skyle eye tracker providing quick access and input with configurable gestures and actions via the Skyle app.
Skyle is the most flexible device for people with complex access and communication needs. Providing independent access to the powerful iPad Pro 12.9-inch through eye control, touch and switch or pointer device access, and the opportunity to communicate using:
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) apps such as Proloquo2Go, GoTalk NOW, TouchChat, Compass Connect & Predictable.
- Environmental Control via Environ.
- Email with Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Mail by Apple.
- Social Media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Messaging with WhatsApp, Messenger, Slack, Teams.
- Video Call using FaceTime, Skype.
- And so much more…
Perfect for AAC
- Access the iPad Pro with eye gaze, switch access, touch, or pointer devices.
- Download millions of iOS Applications from the App Store.
- 12.9-inch anti-reflective coating with LED-backlit multi-touch display.
- The full power of iPad Pro’s coprocessor for fast communication.
- High quality four speaker audio.
- Protective case with built-in mounting inserts in VESA configuration for easy mounting and positioning.
- Lightweight and mobile.
With a built-in port for a switch, you can use a switch in combination with the Skyle eye tracker to interact and gesture on the iPad Pro. Switch interaction includes:
- Double Press
- Press and Hold
These interactions can be configured via the free Skyle app to perform the following gestures on your iPad Pro:
- Show AssistiveTouch Menu
- Start Calibration
Skyle enables you to control appliances in your home or school, whether it be infra-red (IR) such as TVs and music systems or mains controlled lamps, fans, kitchen appliances or door and window openers. Simply download an environmental control App like EnvirON, and you can build a graphical display with up to 24 buttons using a gallery of commonly used images or photographs using the iPad Pro camera.
Position yourself according to the video positioning guide within the Skyle app; so that the tracker can easily detect your eyes and you are comfortable and relaxed. You may need a flexible or portable mounting system to position the screen at the right angle and height.
When in a good position, choose from 5 or 9 calibration points to look at on screen. The more points you look at, the more calibration data Skyle has, resulting in more accurate eye tracking. Indicators will display on completion to show calibration quality.
Simply insert the iPad Pro into the protective case and plug in the eye tracker, download the Skyle app and you are ready to realize the full potential of the iPad Pro with eye-controlled access, communication and environmental control.
Powered directly from the iPad Pro, the Skyle eye tracker requires no additional power supply or battery and is ready for immediate use. You can even charge the iPad Pro at the same time.
The Skyle app includes tutorials, useful advice, and training to ensure you’re empowered and make the best of Skyle for iPad Pro.
*Skyle is compatible with iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation).
View Inclusive Technology Skyle Eye Tracker for iPad Pro for more information.